Sunday, May 9, 2010

1st day

All of our travel arrangements worked out and we got to Chile at 7:30 this morning. We took an hour bus ride to Valparaiso where our hotel, Hotel Las Americas, is. We went to a nearby restaurant and had some burritos, tacos, and quesadillas. I was able to use my great Spanish to ask where the bathroom was. I got a Chilean beer for my first alcoholic experience in Chile. After lunch we took a walk around town and saw the beach and about ten stray dogs. One student was given an unwanted palm reading and then charged for it. Later we will have a group dinner.

1 comment:

  1. Is there visible damage from the earthquake from a few months ago. Valparaiso was hit pretty hard. I thought. And remember to keep walking past the palm readers and other assortment of 'freebies,' not even worth saying no to them.

    ReplyDelete